It’s a tragic dilemma for a bunch of people: which hosting provider should I trust for my websites? Do bandwidth and disk storage features still matter for “hosting quality”? Which PHP version is better for me? How do we decide if a web host is good? Which type of hosting service should you go with? We will respond to all later…
For developers, bloggers, small business owners, and others, choosing a host is like searching for “the truth“: almost impossible, in most way. But we can get closest as we can to the target, and will focus that in simple five point to follow.
5 points to choose the best web hosting for your website
- Assure your chosen service is giving PHP 7. PHP in the latest release offers stability, velocity and a lot of features, new functions and optimizations. I.e if you migrate your WordPress from previous 5.x version, you could reach blog faster +50%, as proven by various official benchmark.
- Take a look to MySQL available space. Some hosting will give your just a little database space, and this is not good if you plan to expand a lot your blog. You will need at least 1 GB – better 2GB – for getting no space problems in near future. By the way, if WordPress fill MySQL space, it could block some functionalities like publishing new articles or editing existing content.
- Choose cPanel or Plesk as hosting management: they are very user-friendly in my opinion, and most of web hosting services are giving these as the backend for domain configuration, error page customization, language switching and so on.
- Talk a lot to tech assistence for having an idea about how they work and/or communicate with customers. If they face a problem, they should be there for you to help, except for developing website issues (for which you will need to pay some IT professional apart).
- Always assure that your CMS requirements are fully respected: this is important for make running your website 365/24, if possible, and expand your market and opportunities every day.
Fast FAQ befor choosing an hosting plan
Which hosting provider should I trust for my websites? See next paragraph, you found it! 🙂
Do bandwidth and disk storage features still matter for “hosting quality”? In some way yes, but it depends from real traffic and application context. So do no suffer too much and do not worry about these, for now.
Which PHP version is better for my site? The latest stable is the best: please choose hosting with PHP 7.1 or 7.2, by now (latest update Jan, 2018)
How do we decide if a web host is good? Just try & test by yourself: there is no other way, I am sorry.
Best Hosting: Our Suggestions
Pre-Order Suggestions for Webmasters
- Check hosting features (such as number of addon domains allowed) based on your needs.
- Know your real hosting needs (please note: it may take some time)
- Investigate web host upgrading options.
- Study on host reliability and uptime guarantees.
- Check prices on both sign up and renewal.
- Check hosting control panel: Plesk and cPanel are best choices.
- Read hosting company’s ToS to find out more about account suspension and server usage policy.